Methodist founder John Wesley fasted two times a week . His fasts were simply and easy to understand. As we come to the close of Lent we may want to participate in a t least one fast. let me suggest this one. It works this way:
- Eat a good evening meal at whatever time is convenient to you.
- Abstain from all foods until mid-afternoon the next day.
- Continue to drink liquids at all times.
- Pray at your normal breakfast and lunch times.
- Break your fast with at time of celebration with family or friends.
At St. Luke’s United Methodist Church we are suggesting that you observe the fast on March 30-31 broken by a High Tea gathering at 4:30 pm on Saturday.