This post is different than my usual stuff, but I thought even monastic types need a brake now and then.
- Some people are kind, polite, and sweet-spirited until you try to sit in their pews.
- Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
- It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.
- The good Lord didn’t create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
- When you get to your wit’s end, you’ll find God lives there.
- People are funny; they want the front of the bus, the middle of the road, and the back of the church.
- Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
- Quit griping about your church; if it was perfect, you couldn’t belong..
- If the church wants a better preacher, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
- God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?
- Some minds are like concrete thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
- Peace starts with a smile.
- I don’t know why some people change churches; what difference does it make which one you stay home from?
- A lot of church members who are singing ‘Standing on the Promises’ are just sitting on the premises.
- We were called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.
- Be ye fishers of men.. You catch them – He’ll clean them.
Copied from Morning Story–Original authors unknown