- No one can live only on food. People need every word God has spoken.
- When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.
- When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it. Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.
- Don’t store up treasures on earth! Instead, store up your treasures in heaven.
- Your heart will always be where your treasure is
- Don’t worry about tomorrow. It will take care of itself.
- I tell you not to worry about your life. Can worry make you live longer?
- Why do you have such little faith? Put God’s work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well.
- God will be as hard on you as you are on others! He will treat you exactly as you treat them.
- Ask, and you will receive. Search and you will find. Knock and the door will be open for you.
- Treat others, as you want them to treat you.
- You can tell what they are by what they do.
- I didn’t come to invite good people to be my followers. I came to invite sinners.
- Anyone who gives one of my most humble followers a cup of cool water, just because that person is my follower, will surely be rewarded.
- If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.
- Good people bring good things out of their hearts, but evil people bring evil things out of their hearts.
- What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself? What would you give to get back your soul?
- Whenever two or three of you come together in my name, I am there with you.
- Everyone who is now first will be last, and everyone who is last will be first.
- Love the lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, “Love others as much as you love yourself.”
- If you put yourself above others, you will be put down. But if you humble yourself, you will be honored.
- I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.
Reflection – Choose one of these sayings of Christ to become your focus each day as you journey.
- The Beatitudes: Death to Self-Help (moreprecious.co.uk)
2 responses to “Sayings of the Master”
Reblogged this on multicolouredsmartypants and commented:
Beautiful. I found a quote that moved me to tears yesterday. It was from one of my heroes – William Wilberforce. A deeply devout, passionate man, he devoted his life (and his health) to the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade. “You may choose to look the other way,” he said, “but you can never say again that you did not know”. It was like God speaking to me about my life and its purpose. A very profound moment.
Wilberforce was a powerful example of the Christian journey.