Today is the First Sunday of Advent.
Come Lord Jesus, Come.
The Christian lives in the Hope. We look to tomorrow with confidence, even absurd confidence. As the White Queen told Alice, “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” There is an exuberance in the Christian Life, an exaltation which passes logic. Why? Because we belong to Christ.
Listen to Leo Tolstoy:
· I believe in God, who is for me spirit, love, the principle of all things.
· I believe that God is in me, as I am in Him.
· I believe that the true welfare of man consists in fulfilling the will of God.
· I believe that from the fulfillment of the will of God there can follow nothing but that which is good for me and for all men.
· I believe that the will of God is that every man should love his fellow men, and should act toward others as he desires that they should act toward him.
· I believe that the reason of life is for each of us simply to grow in love.
· I believe that this growth in love will contribute more than any other force to establish the Kingdom of God on earth
Lord help each of us to be people of belief. In belief we can find meaning and purpose which inspire us to be people who can make a difference. Let us use our belief for the betterment all we touch. Amen
- New perspectives (in) about life (flowingwriter.wordpress.com)
- November 20 – Leo Tolstoy (thetranshistoricalbody.wordpress.com)