Look at your weaknesses, not at your strengths, and pay attention to what you still need to do, instead of rehearsing in your mind what you’ve already accomplished. This is the best way to get and keep humility.
—-Cloud of the Unknowing
—Jesus of Nazareth
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time.
—-Peter the Apostle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
― Ernest Hemingway
Becoming humble of action and deed is the great calling of all Christ followers. Our words only speak as loud as the deeds and actions that people see in us. There is a great deal said about being humble. Humility defines us in many ways.
HUMILITY – Preachers preach it scholars teach it. Here are a few thoughts on humility.
- Humility helps us to know when to say yes.
- Humility is our best friend when given a demanding task.
- Humility is the best mirror we will ever own.
- Humility teaches us how to handle power and wealth.
- Humility guides when ego pushes us to stray.
- Humility is passing over the mistakes of others,
- Humility is the ability to accept insult without revenge.
- Humility is our friend when we are all alone.
- Humility is the cures pride.
- Humility builds real confidence.
- Humility is minding your own business.
- Humility is the only path to God.
Lord help me to discover that healing powers of humility. Release me from the chains of pride and ego. Allow me to flourish in being no more, or less, than you have made me to be. Guide me through this day as a real person who can put aside the arrogance that so besets me.
- Look into the Mirror (dedicated2jesuschrist.com)
- Becoming Missional by the Power of the Spirit (traviskolder.com)